How Paragon Customer Communications handles your personal data
- how we collect and process your information,
- why we collect your information and
- what rights you have.
How we collect your information
- to know why we collect your data
- to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you
- to correct any inaccuracies
- to restrict how we process your data
- to ask us to stop processing your data
- to know if we use any profiling or automated decision making with your data.
Opting out of marketing communications
- Contact us using dpo@Paragon-cc.co.uk to opt out of any channels
- Unsubscribe from specific communications, for example email or SMS
- Write to us at Data Protection Office, Paragon Customer Communications Ltd, Park House, 16-18 Finsbury Circus, London, EC2M 7EB
- Inform your contact at Paragon who will pass your wishes on
If you want to complain
You have the right to complain about the way we have used your data. If this is the case, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the address below. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on their website - www.ico.org.uk.
How we collect information about your visits to our website
First Party Cookies
Third Party Cookies
Users aged 16 and under
If you are 16 or under you must have permission from a parent or guardian before you give us personal information. If we find that we have received information from you without the appropriate consent, we reserve the right to remove all personal data that you have supplied. You will be able to re-submit the information when you have the required permission.
Processing purposes and legal basis
- Sales of product and services to customers – contractual obligation
- Maintaining our accounts and records – contractual obligation
- To send out service messages – legitimate interests
- Customer analytics and suppression – legitimate interests
- Legal or Enforcement – legal obligation for the purposes of security and prevention and detection of crime
- Outward Marketing communications – legitimate interests
- Requests for information, brochures etc. – your consent to allow us to fulfil your request
- Research activity we might undertake is covered by our legitimate interest
You may gain access to the PII (Personally Identifiable Information) data we hold on you by contacting us.
Correcting your data
Restriction of processing
You can contact us and ask us to restrict the processing we perform with your data.
Automated decisions and profiling
Automated decision-making will not be used on any data supplied to us. Profiling we undertake on business contacts is based on the size of the company and the industry sector and the job titles of individuals. This may then be used within the marketing communication to make sure anything we send is relevant to you.
Erasing your data
We will store your information on secure systems within PCC offices or secure data centres in Europe.
- Specific enquiry data – to fulfil the enquiry and for one year afterwards
- Customer data – for the length of the contract plus two years
Links to other websites